Cellular Pathology SAC vacancies
Why should I apply?
The Royal College of Pathologists is committed to setting and maintaining professional standards and promoting excellence in the teaching and practice of pathology, for the benefit of patients. The Cellular Pathology Specialty Advisory Committee (SAC) exists to advise Council on matters concerning cellular pathology in the UK.
The following vacancies are available for interested volunteers to join the Cellular Pathology (SAC)
Vacancy for 2 Histopathologists to join the Cellular Pathology SAC
WHAT IS THE COMMITMENT FOR SAC MEMBER ROLES?
- Attendance at two SAC meetings per year
- Provide specialty-specific guidance and responding to consultations
- Term of membership: 3 years
Cellular Pathology Subspecialty Advisors required in the following disciplines:
- Liver Pathology
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Pathology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Endocrine Pathology
WHAT IS THE COMMITMENT FOR SUBSPECIALTY ADVISOR ROLES?
- Reporting to the Chair of the Cellular Pathology SAC, you will advise the College, through the SAC in writing or in person, on any matters relating to your discipline.
- Be pro-active in ensuring that a professional infrastructure exists that enables Cellular Pathologists to maintain a high standard of practice in their area.
- Assist, as requested, with the development of College datasets, workforce planning, curricula, examinations, professional standards, audit, continuing professional development (CPD) and external quality assessment (EQA), contacts within subspecialist area, opportunities for higher sub-specialist training and any other relevant issues in relation to the particular subspecialty.
- Provide a written report and attend the Annual Meeting of Cellular Pathology Subspecialty Advisors.
- Term of membership: 5 years
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
This is a great opportunity to get involved with the College and the expertise that you bring will be beneficial to the profession and members and you will have a real chance to impact and shape the field.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please complete the relevant nomination form below and submit to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 4 January 2021