Working Group on Cancer Services Vacancy
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
To support the production of evidence-based publications defining national datasets for the reporting of common cancers and tissue pathways for the handling and reporting of non-cancer specimens. The Working Group on Cancer Services (WGCS) exist to:
- commission, review and publish a series of succinct, evidence-based publications (cancer datasets) defining minimum standards for reporting of common cancers
- ensure that pathological standards in the datasets are defined by cellular pathologists and that College Fellows are involved in a consultation process to agree on the standards
- prevent the proliferation of diverse and possibly conflicting local guidelines. Vacancy for 1 consultant Cellular Pathology to join the Working Group on Cancer Services.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Consultant cellular pathologists with a broad knowledge base in cellular pathology reporting who are interested in clinical guideline development, information management and improving the standards of service delivery.
We are very keen for the Working Group to be representative of colleagues from the whole spectrum of cellular pathological practice, from general hospital laboratories to specialist centres.
WHAT IS THE COMMITMENT FOR WGCS MEMBER ROLE?
- Term of membership: 3 - 5 years
- Attend the WGCS meetings (2/year)
- Advise on the content of datasets and tissue pathways
- Review and comment on the content of drafts of new and revised datasets and tissue pathways
- Support the future development of datasets and tissues pathways series
- Provide advice to the College and its officers on issues related to cancer, cancer datasets and tissue pathways
- Promote all aspects of the WGCS and cancer dataset and tissue pathway development.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send an abridged CV as well as a supporting statement of no more than 500 words outlining how your skills and experience are relevant for this post, how you meet the person specification and how you would approach the post if appointed.
Applications must be email to email@example.com, Maria Marrero Feo, Clinical Effectiveness Manager, by 8 February 2021.Jo Description - Working Group on Cancer Services