Data protection policy
The Royal College of Pathologists is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller as required under the Data Protection Act 1998. It collates and holds information about its members and contacts in paper form and on a secure electronic database. Under the Data Protection Act you are entitled to:
- be informed what information we hold about you and how we are using it
- access this data (with some restrictions)
- update the personal data the College holds about you
- be informed how the College is complying with its obligations under the Data Protection Act
- complain to the Data Protection Officer (currently the Head of Corporate Services) if you feel that the guidance of the Data Protection Act has not been followed.