Corporate Administration Manager
About the College
A professional membership organisation, recently relocated to purpose built new premises looking for a Corporate Administration Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Royal Medical College looking to strengthen its’ support for members and corporate administration in a purpose built new facility. The College require a hands on governance minded individual to ensure high quality maintenance of existing administrative processes and systems as well as providing direction for the future of the function. You will be responsible for projects such as the implementation of a governance review as well as ongoing development of robust and secure administrative processes. The delivery of high level secretariat services to Trustees and senior committees, individually and through team management is an essential element of the role.
- Responsibility for operational management of a complex range of corporate policies and procedures.
- Management of governance processes and procedures, including elections and committee roles
- Be the primary point of contact and the face of Secretariat services for the Board of Trustees
- Oversee the implementation of a recent governance review
- Lead the management of corporate processes and for policies, registers and reports
- Engage and communicate effectively with stakeholders on decisions and procedures
- Management of a team of 5 staff members
- Continuous improvement of infrastructure, systems & procedures for committee administration
- Budget management
- Take accountability for the continuous improvement and development of corporate administration
- Data protection and corporate risk register management
The Successful Applicant:
- Proficient knowledge of overall Corporate Administration processes and requirements including management and oversight of policies, corporate (non-financial) reports strategic and annual reports with ability to monitor and advise across an organisation.
- Experience of working with Trustees in a Secretariat capacity.
- Be an individual who enjoys being hands on in their approach to administration and governance issues.
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Have experience of managing and developing support staff.
- Have a track record of delivering business administration or corporate process projects.
The core elements of the role are as follows:
Strategic - Create - 5%, including setting strategic plans for corporate procedures
Operational - Implement - 15% - including oversight of implementation of processes, in conjunction with user expectations and resources.
Operational – Planning and Management - 80% - including planning and provision of work plans for the department and committees, Trustee Board support, management of reporting, budgets, documentation and processes, as well as Staff Management and communication to stakeholders and staff.
In addition to overall responsibility for the function of Corporate Administration and Committees, the post holder will be the lead person for governance matters or input into business plans and processes: Secretariat services, operational planning, budget setting, committee support, policies.
Overall the Corporate Administration Manager’s responsibility is for the continuous development of processes that support the College’s strategy, to initiate work that meets organisational and members’ needs for committee services, maximise effectiveness of processes and procedures as well as manage and develop an established and skilled support team.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply for the role, please download the information pack below. Send CV and your completed supporting form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please note that all staff are currently working remotely and the interviews will be carried out by video.