Examinations Operations Manager
About the College
Pathology is at the heart of modern healthcare. Pathologists work to prevent, diagnose, treat and monitor diseases and are involved in the diagnosis of disorders affecting every organ of the body, from before birth to after death. The majority of tests requested by doctors will be performed and interpreted by a clinical scientist or medically qualified pathologist.
The Royal College of Pathologists is a professional membership organisation with approximately 12,000 members who are doctors and scientists working in hospitals, universities and laboratories in the UK and overseas. We work with pathologists at every stage of their career – from setting curricula, organising training and running exams, to approving job descriptions, publishing best-practice guidance and providing continuing professional development.
We offer attractive staff benefits including 25 days annual leave rising with length of service, an employee discount scheme, and season tickets, as well as a cycle to work scheme. The College values diversity, welcoming applications for all members of society.
Please note that the role involves peak workload around examination periods. As is it essential that examinations run smoothly, there are restrictions on taking annual leave during peak periods, which include March-May and September-November.
Please refer to the person specification which shows the requirements:
- You will have experience of working with databases and a broad understanding of their capabilities.
- You will also have Senior Administrative experience gained in a high-stakes environment .
- You are able to manage and co-ordinate a team ensuring resources are managed effectively across workload areas.
- You are also able to use a systematic approach to planning and organizing, consulting with others and monitoring to ensure tasks and projects are delivered on time, within budget, achieving the outcomes expected.
- You are methodical and organized with a high level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and offer a package of benefits, together with working arrangements that offer a mix of home and office working.
How to Apply
To apply please share your CV and complete the supporting information form using the links below.
Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 9 am Monday 5 October 2022.
Please note the college does not offer visa sponsorship.
If you would like to speak to someone about the role, please contact HR in the first instance, on 020 7451 6700 or via email@example.com.