Celebrate Pathology for NHS70
Join the College in celebrating 70th Anniversary of the NHS in 2018
#NHS70 is a celebration of our health service – to thank the talented professionals who work within it, to highlight its rich history and build confidence in its future.
Our #NHS70 activity will peak around 5 July – the date the NHS was founded back in 1948 – and will continue throughout the rest of the year with a programme of events, resources and communications. We’ll use the anniversary as a platform raise the profile of pathology, and its role in the development and ongoing evolution of the NHS.
For members who would like to run their own NHS70 events or activities, we will have a range of resources to help you raise awareness in your own area, whether it is in July, or at another time – we’d love to see lots of NHS70-themed events run for National Pathology Week in November (5 – 11 November).
In addition to supporting members with their events, the College plans to:
- launch a new range of careers resources (print and online) for undergraduates and secondary school students in July 2018
- generate online engagement with our #celebratingpathology social media campaign and the #NHS70 feed, as well as a video competition that will challenge members to communicate their specialty, and its importance, in 30 seconds
- encourage MPs to nominate a pathologist in their constituency in the #NHS70 Parliamentary Awards
- involve our members in the Science Museum’s NHS70-themed Late event in July via our advanced science communication training
- contribute pathology innovations to the Academy of Medical Royal College’s short on-line publication which celebrates 70 years of medical innovation in the NHS and looks forward to future advances
- signpost resources and relevant information from the NHS70 website to our members and support them to organise an event or activity in their area.
More information and links to events and resources will be added to this page in due course. If you have any questions, comments or ideas for events in your area, please do get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get involved at the College