Funding for public events - our grant scheme
The Public Engagement Innovation Grant Scheme provides financial support for the delivery of pathology-related activities and events in the UK. Grants of up to £1,000 are available for individuals or organisations who wish to develop pathology-related public engagement activities or events.
The Innovation Grant Scheme aims to:
- inspire innovative and creative pathology related public engagement projects and activities
- raise public awareness of, and engagement with, pathology, in particular with those who would not normally engage with the topic
- develop the science communication skills of pathologists and laboratory scientists
- stimulate discussion about pathology between pathologists and the public in order to motivate, inspire and enthuse both parties about the value of pathology and its role in prevention, diagnosis and treatment
To be eligible, proposed events and activities should
• include the involvement of pathologists and/or laboratory scientists as a key part of the activity (although to apply, you do not have to be a College member yourself).
• be pathology-based and explore underlying concepts and issues, rather than just providing information.
If you have a great idea but don’t work in pathology or medicine, get in touch and we will do our best to link you up with a pathologist to work with on your grant application.
The Public Engagement Innovation Grant Scheme 2020 closed on 1 July 2020 and will reopen in January 2021. If you would like to find out more about our public engagement work get in touch with the team on
020 7451 6717 or firstname.lastname@example.org