Funding for public events
The Public Engagement Innovation Grant Scheme was introduced to give financial support for the delivery of a range of pathology-related events throughout the UK. Grants of up to £1,000 are available for individuals or organisations who wish to develop pathology-related public engagement activities or events.
The Innovation Grant Scheme aims to:
- inspire innovative and creative pathology related public engagement projects and activities
- raise public awareness of, and engagement with, pathology, in particular with those who would not normally engage with the topic
- develop the science communication skills of pathologists and laboratory scientists
- stimulate discussion about pathology between pathologists and the public in order to motivate, inspire and enthuse both parties about the value of pathology and its role in prevention, diagnosis and treatment
To be eligible, proposed events and activities should
- include the involvement of pathologists and/or laboratory scientists as a key part of the activity (although to apply, you do not have to be a College member yourself).
- be pathology-based and explore underlying concepts and issues, rather than just providing information.
If you have a great idea but don’t work in pathology or medicine, get in touch and we will do our best to link you up with a pathologist to work with on your grant application.
How to apply
The Public Engagement Innovation Grant Scheme opens on 11 January 2018.
The deadline for applications is 4 June 2018. All activities/projects must be completed by 30 June 2019. Please fill out the application form below if you wish to apply.
- Hard copy applications should be sent to: Public Engagement Grant Scheme, Public Engagement, The Royal College of Pathologists, 4th Floor, 21 Prescot Street, London, E1 8BB
- Electronic applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Public Engagement Grant Application’
If you still need help after reading the guidelines, please do not hesitate to get in contact with the public engagement team for informal advice and guidance prior to submitting an application. The team can be contacted on 020 7451 6717 or email@example.com