Funding for public events
What is the Innovation Grant Scheme?
The Public Engagement Innovation Grant Scheme was introduced to give financial support for the delivery of a range of pathology-related events throughout the UK. Grants of up to £1000 are available for individuals or organisations who wish to develop pathology-related public engagement activities or events.
The Innovation Grant Scheme aims to:
- inspire innovative and creative pathology related public engagement projects and activities
- raise public awareness of, and engagement with, pathology, in particular with those who would not normally engage with the topic
- develop the science communication skills of pathologists and laboratory scientists
- stimulate discussion about pathology between pathologists and the public in order to motivate, inspire and enthuse both parties about the value of pathology as the ‘science behind the cure’.
To be eligible, the proposal would have had to include:
- the involvement of pathologists and/or laboratory scientists as a key part of the activity
- to be pathology-based and explore underlying concepts and issues, rather than just providing information.
The College make every effort to put applicants in touch with practising scientists so that applicants can collaborate with them on your proposal.