Funding for public events - our grant scheme
The Public Engagement Innovation Grant Scheme provides financial support for the delivery of pathology-related activities and events in the UK. Grants of up to £1,000 are available for individuals or organisations who wish to develop pathology-related public engagement activities or events.
The Innovation Grant Scheme aims to:
- inspire innovative and creative pathology related public engagement projects and activities
- raise public awareness of, and engagement with, pathology, in particular with those who would not normally engage with the topic
- develop the science communication skills of pathologists and laboratory scientists
- stimulate discussion about pathology between pathologists and the public in order to motivate, inspire and enthuse both parties about the value of pathology and its role in prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
How to apply
The Public Engagement Innovation Grant Scheme 2022 is now open. If you would like to apply for funding for an eligible project, please download the documents below and return the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on 1 June 2022. If you are successful you will be asked to provide your bank account details and will be required to complete your proposed project by 1 July 2023.
You can read about previously funded projects below. Please note if you are a recipient of funding via the 2021 scheme, your proposed activities must be completed by 1 July 2022. If you have any questions get in touch with the public engagement team.
To be eligible, proposed events and activities should:
- include the involvement of pathologists and/or laboratory scientists as a key part of the activity (although to apply, you do not have to be a College member yourself).
- be pathology-based and explore underlying concepts and issues, rather than just providing information.
If you have a great idea but don’t work in pathology or medicine, get in touch and we will do our best to link you up with a pathologist to work with on your grant application.