Funding for public events - our grant scheme
The Public Engagement Innovation Grant Scheme provides financial support for the delivery of pathology-related activities and events in the UK. Grants of up to £1,000 are available for individuals or organisations who wish to develop pathology-related public engagement activities or events.
The Innovation Grant Scheme aims to:
- inspire innovative and creative pathology related public engagement projects and activities
- raise public awareness of, and engagement with, pathology, in particular with those who would not normally engage with the topic
- develop the science communication skills of pathologists and laboratory scientists
- stimulate discussion about pathology between pathologists and the public in order to motivate, inspire and enthuse both parties about the value of pathology and its role in prevention, diagnosis and treatment
To be eligible, proposed events and activities should
- include the involvement of pathologists and/or laboratory scientists as a key part of the activity (although to apply, you do not have to be a College member yourself).
- be pathology-based and explore underlying concepts and issues, rather than just providing information.
If you have a great idea but don’t work in pathology or medicine, get in touch and we will do our best to link you up with a pathologist to work with on your grant application.
How to apply
The Public Engagement Innovation Grant Scheme 2019 is now closed. The projects we are funding will be announced soon.
The 2020 scheme will open later this year.
More information about the 2019 grant scheme
If you still need help after reading the guidelines, please do not hesitate to get in contact with the public engagement team for informal advice and guidance prior to submitting an application. The team can be contacted on 020 7451 6717 or email@example.com