Want to get involved in public engagement but don't know where to start? Why not consider participating in events organised by the College. These are an excellent way to enhance your communication skills and inspire future generations. Please get in touch to find out more or show your interest.
SciBArs event in the North West
SciBArs is an informal talk where scientists present their work or research to an adult audience and then lead a discussion. The North West branch is looking for pathologists to participate in pub events in the region. If you are interested in taking part in either event, or know someone who may want to participate, please contact: email@example.com
London, various locations
Educational charity, Inspire, is seeking volunteers to inspire 10-11 year olds, introduce them to careers in pathology and what they involves. Each carousel session lasts for 10 minutes and pupils will have a chance to meet a diverse range of STEM professionals who will broaden their knowledge about where science can take them.
- Friday 10 March, 9.15 - 10.30, at St Scholastica’s Primary School (Rectory Road)
- Thursday 23 March, 8.45 - 12.15, at Millfields Primary School (Clapton)
- Friday 26 May, 9.30 - 12.00, at Thomas Fairchild Primary School (Old Street / Hoxton)
- Friday 16 June, 9.30 - 12.05, at Morningside Primary School (Hackney Central)
London, various locations (dates and times TBC)
Do you have an activity that brings your job to life? Inspire is looking for volunteers to run a 30-minute interactive session that introduce your job to students. Volunteers may bring along props: equipment, photos and examples of their work.
- w/c 6 March 2017 at St Scholastica’s Primary School (Rectory Road/Clapton)
- w/c 20 March 2017 at Millfields Primary School (Clapton)
- w/c 22 May 2017 at Thomas Fairchild Primary School (Hoxton / Old Street)
- w/c 12 June 2017 at Morningside Primary School (Hackney Central)
- w/c 3 July 2017 at Colvestone Primary School (Dalston)
- w/c 10 July 2017 at St Matthias Primary School (Dalston)
Schools Science Conference
Wednesday 26 April, University of Westminster
We require a haematologist to help deliver an activity exploring blood transfusion and clotting. You will introduce students aged 14-18 to fresh and clotted blood and what the clotting process would have meant for conducting donor-recipient direct blood transfusions in the past and present.
14th Schools Science Conference
Wednesday 26 April 2017, University of Westminster, London
The organisers of the annual Schools Science Conference are seeking volunteers to host pathology stands at the conference on 26 April 2017. The stands are an opportunity to engage students aged 13-16 with different careers in science. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Big Bang Fair South East
Wednesday 28 June 2017, South of England Showground, West Sussex
Organisers of the Big Bang Fair South East are looking for volunteers to deliver hands-on interactive activities for young people and their teachers. The fair links local employers, education institutions and professional bodies with young people and their teachers to showcase the varied careers in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). If you would like to get involved please visit Big Bang Fair