Trainees from all specialties are invited to apply for the College’s Trainee Research Awards.
The Gold Research Medal is awarded for the best research published in any specialty in the relevant year (1 July - 30 June) while the Specialty Research Medals are awarded to the best candidates in each of the major specialties of the College.
The aims of the Royal College of Pathologists’ Research Medals scheme are:
- to recognise and reward the best of the excellent science that College trainees publish, encouraging them in their research careers
- to enhance the curricula vitae of the successful individuals, improves their chances of external research awards
- ultimately, to increase research activity within pathology
- to enhance the status of the research of pathology trainees, both within and outside the College
- to help identify the future research stars that will provide the next generation of leadership in research
- to generate positive publicity and the value trainees gain from the College.