- 08:45 - 08/10/2020 to 16:15 - 08/10/2020
- Malone House, Barnett Demesne Trails and Jumps Park, Malone Road , Belfast, BT9 5PB, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Venous thromboembolism (VTE) remains a major disease burden resulting in premature death, long-term health issues and considerable cost to health services.
- Learn, update, share and join in discussion and questioning on current, new and innovative evidenced based updates, best practice case studies & policy implementation to support gold star care.
- The day will include presentations from local, national and global VTE leads sharing updates on guidelines, research and implemented service development models. Sessions will share interactive case studies and look at VTE prevention and management across patient cohorts and risk groups.
- All sessions will invite questions and opportunity for a panel question time..
- The afternoon offers smaller workshop sessions that will share topical and practical issues in the management and prevention of VTE , welcome discussion, questioning, collaboration and encourage further supportive networking.
- Specific topics will include hospital based VTE prevention and management, outpatient and ED pathways, women's health, genetics, recent guideline updates, learning through root cause analysis, guideline implementation and practice challenges.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The event is open to all healthcare and allied professionals working in or with an interest in venous thromboembolism (VTE).
- Dr Kathryn Boyd
- Dr Emily Hannah
- Professor Roopen Arya
- Dr Lucy MacKillop
- Victoria Speed
- Dr Chris McCauley
- Dr Gary Benson
- Rosemary Lavery
For more information, please contact Jo Jerrome: firstname.lastname@example.org