- 09:00 - 21/10/2020 to 15:40 - 21/10/2020
- The All Nations Centre, Sachville Avenue, Cardiff, CF14 3NY, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Venous thromboembolism (VTE) remains a major disease burden resulting in premature death, long-term health issues and considerable cost to health services.
- Learn, update, share and join in discussion and questioning on current, new and innovative evidenced based updates, best practice case studies & policy implementation to support gold star care.
- The day will include presentations from local, national and global VTE leads sharing updates on guidelines, research, root cause analysis and treatment for prevention and management options. During workshops service development models will be shared and interactive case studies to look at VTE prevention and management across patient cohorts and risk groups.
- All sessions will invite questions, provide opportunity to share, extend knowledge, understanding and support networks.
- Specific topics will include hospital based VTE prevention and management, the role of IVC filters, outpatient and ED pathways, women's health, oncology - cancer associated thrombosis, genetics, recent guideline updates, implementation and treatment pathways and considerations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The event is open to all healthcare and allied professionals working in or with an interest in venous thromboembolism (VTE).
- Dr Raza Alikhan - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Rhys Morris - Clinical Scientist
- Dr Nagappan Kumar - Lead Consultant Hepato-biliary Surgery
- Professor Simon Noble - Clinical Professor and Honorary Consultant in Palliative Medicine
- Tristan Groves - Pharmacist
- Dr Heledd Roberts - Consultant Haematologist
- Mr Andrew Goodall - Chief Executive NHS Wales
For more information, please contact Jo Jerrome: email@example.com