In 2010 UK NEQAS for Cardiac Markers identified a requirement to initiate a dedicated meeting to educate and involve clinical scientists, biomedical scientists, clinicians and the diagnostics industry in the continuously evolving area of cardiac markers and their role in diagnosis and treatment.
After 3 successful meetings in 2010,2011 and 2014 a 4th Cardiac Marker Dialogues meeting is to be held on 5th April 2018 - Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, Grosvenor Terrace, Glasgow G12 0TA.
“High Sensitivity” Cardiac Troponin - Still got it after all these years: Is there anything new around the corner?
Topics will cover:
• Troponin – How low can you go?
• Update on high sensitivity guidelines
• High Sensitivity Troponin – How do clinicians use it? Troponin I and Troponin T
• High sensitivity cardiac Troponin assays:_ Still a place in the ED?
• The 4th Universal Definition – evolution or revolution?
• Moderated Dialogue Sessions + Working lunch
• Implementing hs Troponin in the real world – rule-out and rule-in algorithms: making it happen
• Natriuretic peptides- what’s new in the guidelines
• Mechanisms of Troponin release
• Do you believe in type 2 MI?
• Discussion – what to do with those pesky Troponin results
• New Markers - why and what