Explore the shared experiences of education and innovation to tackle the problem of antimicrobial resistance in the medical and veterinary healthcare sectors.
Speakers leading the field in collaborative efforts to educate and engage the public, healthcare and veterinary professionals will come together to present their research, outline strategies being employed, discuss ideas and facilitate progress in antimicrobial resistance and stewardship.
Key speakers and associated organisations
Public Health England
Kitty Healey and Charles Beck, Consultant Epidemiologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer, Field Epidemiology Service, National Infection Service
NHS Kernow Clinical Commissioning Group
Lisa Johnson, Nurse Consultant Director of Infection Prevention and Control, Head of Public Health Nursing
- The current strategy being applied by UK government to tackle antimicrobial resistance
- How education is key to solving the challenges of antimicrobial resistance
- The progress being made by collaborative groups across disciplines and species
- Innovations in education and diagnostics for antimicrobial resistance
- Discussions to generate ideas for more prudent use of antimicrobial therapeutics