- 09:00 - 28/09/2020 to 17:00 - 30/09/2020
- Park Plaza Hotel, Maid Marian Way, Nottingham, NG1 5GD, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
The Nottingham Molecular Pathology Node (NMPN), supported by The Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland, will run the Molecular Diagnostics Training School.
- Teaching will be delivered in the form of formal didactic lectures, interactive tutorials and problem-solving exercises.
- Teach the theory and utility/limitations of commonly used tests.
- Provide a comprehensive overview of the current use of molecular diagnostics.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is suitable for Trainee and Consultant Pathologists with little or no experience of diagnostic molecular pathology and for non-clinical scientists (who may have some experience with molecular testing) wishing to learn more about the clinical application of molecular diagnostics.
We have a faculty of over 20 speakers from across the UK and oversees including:
- Prof Mohammad Ilyas - University of Nottingham
- Dr Abhik Mukherjee - University of Nottingham
- Dr Susan Richman - St James University Hospital, Leeds
- Kate Martin - Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Dr Elizabeth Soilleux - Churchill College, Cambride
- Dr Karen Page - University of Leicester
- Dr Jenni Fairley - UK NEQAS
- Dr Christine Blancher - University of Oxford
- Dr Richard Emes - University of Nottingham
- Dr Tania Dottorini - University of Nottingham
- Nadine Holmes - University of Nottingham
- Dr Rachel Butler - North Bristol NHS Trust
- Dr Kristina Schwamborn - Institute of Pathology, TU Munich
- Dr Peter Hamilton - Philips Digital Pathology
- Dr Asok Biswas - University of Edinburgh
- Dr Isioma Egbuniwe - University of Nottingham
- Dr Zane Jaunmuktane - UCL Queen Square institute of Neurology
- Prof Ming Du - University of Cambridge
- Prof William Wallace - University of Edinburgh
- Prof Simon Herrington - University of Edinburgh
- Prof Gareth Thomas - University of Southampton
- Prof Clare Verrill - University of Oxford
- Prof Emad Rakha - University of Nottingham
- Dr Nischalan Pillay - UCL Cancer Institute
For more information, please contact: MS-NMPN@nottingham.ac.uk