- 09:00 - 30/10/2020 to 16:00 - 30/10/2020
- The NOWGEN Centre, Grafton Street, Manchester, M13 9WU, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Venous thromboembolism (VTE) remains a major disease burden resulting in premature death, long-term health issues and considerable cost to health services.
- Learn, update, share and join in discussion and questioning on current, new and innovative evidenced based updates, best practice case studies & policy implementation to support gold star care.
- The day will include presentations from local andnational VTE leads sharing updates on guidelines, research and implemented service development models. Sessions will share interactive case studies and look at VTE prevention and management across patient cohorts and risk groups.
- All sessions will invite questions and there will be opportunity for panel question time, networking and sharing.
- Specific topics will include hospital based VTE prevention and management, outpatient and ED pathways, women's health, stroke risk and prevention in atrial fibrillation, VTE risks, prevention and management in cancer patients, recent guideline updates, implementation and anticoagulation therapy management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The event is open to all healthcare and allied professionals working in or with an interest in venous thromboembolism (VTE).
- Prof Simon Noble - Marie Curie Professor in Supportive and Palliative Medicine
- Jodie Williams - Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Dr Will Lester - Consultant Haematologist
- Jane Kelly - Principal Pharmacist, Commercial Medicines Unit NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Lyndsey Stanley & Janet Davis - Joint Clinical Leads, Liverpool & Sefton Anticoagulation Service - Community
- Dr Susie Shapiro - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Daniel Horner - Consultant in Emergency and Critical Care Medicine
- Sylvia Teece-Round - VTE Specialist Nurse
For more information, please contact Jo Jerrome: firstname.lastname@example.org