- 11:00 - 07/04/2020 to 15:30 - 09/04/2020
- University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park Way, Cardiff, CF14 4XW, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
The BSAC will be holding two practical workshops at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff aimed at those wishing to gain practical experience of the EUCAST methodology.
After this course you will:
- Have knowledge of EUCAST standardised disc testing method
- Have knowledge of antimicrobial resistance in Gram-negative and positive organisms
- Use various methods to detect antimicrobial resistance mechanisms incl. carbapenemases.
- Have knowledge of changes in EUCAST guidelines
- Have a better understanding of how to interpret influenzae and S. pneumoniae using EUCAST guidelines.
- Have understanding of how EUCAST clinical breakpoints are developed
- Have an understanding of how to test & interpret difficult organisms
- Be able to solve QC susceptibility testing problems
- Be able to improve local susceptibility reporting
- Have an overview of other susceptibility testing methods
- Have an overview of new susceptibility testing technology
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Biomedical Scientists
- Scientific Officers
- R&D Scientists
- Healthcare Scientists
- Mandy Wootton, Cardiff
- Robin Howe, Cardiff
- Katie Hopkins, PHE
- Vicky Enne, UCL
- Carolyne Horner, BSAC
For more information, please contact Esme Carruthers: firstname.lastname@example.org