The goals of the Ethics Committee are to consider matters referred to it concerning the ethics and practice of pathology. However, it deliberately does not cover issues considered by the Research Ethics Committee. The committee takes a pro-active approach on emerging issues, aiming to gain representation on key groups deciding public policy and best practice. Issues relating to consent, probity and confidentiality are common themes for the committee.
Chair: Professor Terry Cook
- Dr Ian Bailey - Cytopathology
- Dr Sheila MacLennan - Transfusion Medicine
- Mr Tommy McIlravey - Lay Governance Group Chair
- Dr Michael Millar - Medical Microbiology representative
- Ms Edna Young - Lay Advisor