Become an Advisor
RCPath Consulting Advisor vacancies
Applications are now invited from Fellows of the College for posts of RCPath Consulting Advisor. Advisors will provide independent, authoritative, specialist advice to help design and develop efficient pathology services built around patient need. Details of the person specification and application form can be found at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should complete the application form and submit this with a full curriculum vitae to Lindsay Fortune (Lindsay.Fortune@rcpath.org) by Wednesday 21 June 2017 at 5:00pm.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Thursday 13 July 2017 (further details to be confirmed), at the address as follows:
The Royal College of Pathologists
21 Prescot Street London
Map and Directions
The following essential requirements are specified below.
- Fellow of the College for seven years or more
- In active practice or within five years after retirement from active practice
- If in active practice, participating in the CPD scheme
- Broad overview of all pathology disciplines
- Previous experience of clinical or laboratory management
- Interest/experience in developing and achieving measures of quality in pathology services
- Interest/experience in commissioning of pathology services
- Interest/experience in reconfiguration of pathology services
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, commissioners and pathology professionals
- Good knowledge of and ability to use spoken and written English
- Ability to present effectively to an audience using a variety of methods and to respond to questions and queries
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships on an individual basis
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to take responsibility and show evidence of leadership
- Awareness of personal limitations
- Experience of working as part of a team
At present we are not recruiting for IBMS Advisors.