Benefits of working for the College
The Royal College of Pathologists offers a professional and supportive working environment, promoting our values of service, teamwork and ambition.
We offer the following benefits to employees.
- Competitive salaries: We are committed to pay and grading which is fair, transparent and competitive. There is the opportunity for competence-based pay progression.
- Location: We are based in a new purpose built office at 6 Alie Street, London, E1 8QT. The building has multiple meeting rooms, a conference suite, a members area, secure bicycle storage, lockers and showers. (The College is unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK).
- Annual leave: 25 days per year, plus bank holidays. The holiday allowance rises with length of service.
- College closure days: Between Christmas and New Year.
- Pension: The College operates a pension scheme with Royal London. Employees can choose to contribute either 3%, 4% or 5% of salary with the employer contribution double that of the employee at either 6%, 8% or 10%.
- Flexible Working: Flexible working is supported. Start and finish times are flexible and time off in lieu may be accrued for additional hours worked. We offer a mix of remote (home) and office working, with hybrid working arrangements currently in place.
- Employee Discount Scheme: Our staff discount scheme offers a range of online and in store discounts.
- Interest-free loan: You may apply to the College for an interest-free loan to purchase an annual season ticket, or a bicycle under the Cycle to Work scheme.
- Employee Assistance programme: Through this programme staff have access to a confidential counselling service, health advice, emotional support as well as a comprehensive occupational health service.
- Learning and Development: The College offers continuous learning and development opportunities for all members of staff.
- Enhanced policies: The College offers generous maternity, paternity/partner, and adoption pay and leave.
- Free tea, coffee and fruit: Refreshments provided for all staff in tea points and break out areas.