Map & Directions
The College's address is:
The Royal College of Pathologists
21 Prescot Street
London E1 8BB
Tel: 020 7451 6700
Fax: 020 7451 6701
Please see our Service Standards for what you should expect when you contact us.
The College is open from Monday - Friday (excluding bank holidays and other closures).
The main reception at 21 Prescot Street is staffed from 8.00am to 6.00pm.
- Aldgate: Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan Lines (5 minutes’ walk)
- Aldgate East: District and Hammersmith & City Lines (7 minutes’ walk)
- Tower Hill: Circle and District Lines (5 minutes’ walk)
- Tower Gateway Station: DLR (5 minutes’ walk)
- Fenchurch Street: (7 minutes’ walk)
- Liverpool Street: (12 minutes' walk or one tube stop to Aldgate or Aldgate East)
- London Bridge: (15 minutes’ walk or take buses RV1 or 40)
The following buses stop near Prescot Street:
15, 25, 40, 42, 67, 78, 100, 115, 135, 205, 254, RV1
(Prescot Street is in the Congestion Charge zone).
- Chamber Street, Royal Mint Street, London E1 8BL – 110 places: £12.00 flat rate from 7.00 am to 7.00pm
- Minories, 1 Shorter Street, London E1 8PL – 401 places: £2.00 an hour from 6.00 am to 7.00 pm
- Royal Mint Street, London E1 8BL – 60 places: £20.00 for 24 hours; £12.00 a day; £50.00 a week.
- Buckle Street, London E1 8EH – multi-storey car park: £5.25 for 2 hours; £7.25 for 5 hours. Also overnight, weekly and annual rates.
- London Whitechapel High Street, Spreadeagle Yard, London E1 7PJ – 100 places: £6.00 for 2 hours; £10.00 for 4 hours.
Cycle stands are available for guests. Please enquire at reception.
The nearest airports:
- London City airport: Use DLR to Tower Gateway
- Stansted: Express trains from Stansted Airport to Liverpool Street, every 45 minutes. From Liverpool Street, one stop on the underground to either Aldgate or Aldgate East.
Travel to airports
- Heathrow: Express train from Heathrow Airport to Paddington Station.
- Gatwick: Express train from Gatwick to Victoria Station.
Background to The Royal College of Pathologists' move
The Royal College of Pathologists had been based at 2 Carlton House Terrace (2CHT) since 1969. The College leased 2CHT from The Crown Estate. In 2011 it was agreed by the College Council that the best interests of the College would be to enter into a joint sale arrangement with The Crown Estate.
Proceeds from the sale would be used to purchase a freehold property in central London close to good transport links; providing a sustainable base for College business into the future.
In September 2014, 2CHT was sold and contracts were exchanged on the sale of the property.
The College subsequently signed a contract with The Royal College of Psychiatrists to move to its premises at 21 Prescot Street on 9 February 2015.
21 Prescot Street is in zone 1 in central London and close to good transport links. 21 Prescot Street will serve as the College's temporary offices until we move to our permanent premises at 6-8 Alie Street, London.
If you have an enquiry about the College’s relocation, please email email@example.com.