College members were among those named in the New Year Honours for 2023 which are awarded to recognise the outstanding achievements of people across the United Kingdom. College Members were recognised for services to the NHS, health and science.
`I want to offer my congratulations to the College members who have been received an honour in this year’s New Years Honours list.
It’s fantastic to see their contribution to healthcare, science and medicine recognised. They are a credit to the pathology profession.'
College members recognised in New Year Honours 2023
Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire
- Professor Lyn Susan Chitty Professor of Genetics and Fetal Medicine, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust and University College London Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health. For services to Medicine (Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire).
Members of the Order of the British Empire
- Professor David Charles Mangham, Professor of Musculoskeletal Pathology, University of Manchester and Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust. For services to Forensic Science (Shrewsbury, Shropshire)
- Michael Conway Service Manager, Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. For services to Anatomical Pathology Technology (Chesterfield, Derbyshire), RCPath Medical Examiner Officer
Officer of the Order of the British Empire
- Professor Nigel Cunliffe, Professor of Medical Microbiology, University of Liverpool and Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust. For services to Infectious Disease and Vaccine research.
- Professor Mayur Keshavji Lakhani CBE, RCPath Medical Examiner and former chair and president of the RCGP Professor Mayur Lakhani has been knighted for services to general practice in the New Year Honours.