Procurement for the provision of Laboratory Services to Support the Delivery of the HPV Primary Screening Pathway within the NHS Cervical Screening Programme.
NHS England confirmed with us today that following the evaluation of the bids received within the procurement, it will now formalise contracts with the following bidders in respect of seven of the nine lots:
- North West (Lot 3) – Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
- South Central (Lot 4) – Berkshire & Surrey Pathology Services at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- South East (Lot 5) – Berkshire & Surrey Pathology Services at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- South West (Lot 6) – North Bristol NHS Trust
- East Midlands (Lot 7) – University Hospital Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
- East (Lot 8) - Norfolk & Norwich University NHS Foundation Trust
- West Midlands (Lot 9) – The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Foundation Trust.
NHS England Regional Public Health Commissioning Teams will now be formalising the contracts with the successful bidders and commencing with the transition to the consolidated service.
Subsequently, NHS England expects successful bidders will have conversations with regional commissioners and incumbent providers on their mobilisation plans.
For the remaining two lots (Lot 1 – London and Lot 2 – North East) preferred bidders have been identified and the process of confirming this is ongoing. Bidders for these lots are aware of this.