- 09:00 - 26/03/2020 to 16:00 - 27/03/2020
- Examination Schools, High Street, Oxford, OX1 4BG, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
The Oxford Bone Infection Conference aims to facilitate multidisciplinary team working in the management of complex bone and joint infection.
The programme will include lectures, workshops and interactive sessions including:
- Do’s and don’ts. An (evidence based) approach to….
- Diagnosis of bone and joint infection / Surgical management of prosthetic joint infection / Wound closure
- Something understood: Biofilm / Local antibiotics / Biomaterials and bugs
- How I treat long bone infection
- Rehabilitation – managing expectations
- Engaging the research agenda
- Trials and big data in bone and joint infection
- Making the most of what we know: Why bother with a BIU? / How are we GIRFTING? / Update on diagnostic criteria and standards
- New horizons : Bacterial metabolism and nanobubbles / Update on bacteriophages / Direct from tissue diagnostics
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The underlying principle of OBIC is multi-disciplinary working. We invite all grades of orthopaedic and trauma surgeons, plastic surgeons, infection specialists, nursing and therapy staff and researchers to attend.
Internationally renowned speakers will deliver state-of-the-art talks, including the prestigious Cierny-Mader lecture which is invited each year to honour ‘excellence and innovation in the multidisciplinary management of bone and joint infection’.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com