- 09:00 - 07/03/2022 to 17:30 - 07/03/2022
- Virtual event, United Kingdom
The study day will provide attendees with theoretical knowledge for how to understand which molecular investigations are appropriate for your cases and how to interpret the results by providing a series of talks delivered by world experts across the subspecialties of cellular pathology.
Lectures are delivered by experts from all the major cellular pathology subspecialties, including gynaecological, respiratory and soft tissue pathology. The speakers often use case examples to supplement their talks, and each year they provide additional material which helps to ensure attendees keep up to date with the latest research developments in the field. Attendees will also receive a 'Basics of Molecular Pathology' guide which may be useful for those who are more junior in their cellular pathology careers.
The aims of the event are:
- To provide an introduction to molecular diagnostic testing and predictive biomarkers as relevant to histopathologists in the diagnosis and reporting primarily of malignancies.
- To provide an overview of applications of molecular diagnostics in current pathology practice.
- To illustrate the relevance of molecular pathology in clinical practice – ‘personalised therapies’, now and in the future.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The event is suitable for both consultants and trainee cellular pathologists (at any stage of training) and is also suitable for Biomedical Scientists. But anyone who is interested in learning more about molecular pathology is welcome to attend!
We have a series of world expert speakers from across the different subspecialties of cellular pathology who will be sharing their experience and knowledge.
For more information, please contact: [email protected]