- 15:00 - 02/10/2020 to 17:25 - 02/10/2020
GAIN is an annual medical education meeting delivered by experts in medical mycology and the management of invasive fungal disease, organised and funded by Gilead Sciences Ltd.
- Management of invasive fungal disease
- Virus-associated aspergillosis/fungal disease
- Steroid treatment and the risk of IFD
- Fungal co-infections in the COVID-19 era
- Diagnostic capability
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of critically ill intensive care patients in the UK and Ireland. The intended audience includes microbiologists, infectious diseases specialists, haematologists, intensivists, respiratory specialists and appropriate research staff involved in the study and treatment of fungal diseases who are affiliated with an institution in the UK or Ireland.
- Prof. Rosemary Barnes, Cardiff University
- Dr. Lewis White, Public Health Wales Microbiology, Cardiff
- Dr. Tihana Bicanic, St George’s, University of London
- Dr. Silke Schelenz, King’s College Hospital