- 08:30 - 27/09/2022 to 16:40 - 28/09/2022
- Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Edgbaston Road, Birmingham, B5 7QU, United Kingdom
Speakers within infection prevention discuss technology and its part in combatting new and existing pathogens.
- Day 1: SSI, Sepsis, COVID-19 and other emerging pathogens.
- Day 2: Healthcare buildings as a source of air and water borne infection.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The programme is designed to appeal to all those working within infection prevention and control and public health across clinical and non-clinical areas.
Day 1 speakers include:
- Professor Dame Sarah Gilbert, Oxford Vaccine Team
- Neil Mortensen, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Professor Mark Wilcox, Leeds Teaching Hospital
- Professor David Leaper, Emeritus Professor of Surgery University of Newcastle Upon Tyne and University of Huddersfield
- Dr Giles Bond-Smith, Consultant Surgeon, Oxford University Hospital
- Dr Ron Daniels, UK Sepsis Trust
- Professor Michael Borg, Head of Infection Prevention and Control, Mater Dei Hospital, Malta
Day 2 speakers include:
- Dr Teresa Inkster, Consultant Microbiologist, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde and NHS Assure
- Dr Michael Weinbren, Consultant Microbiologist, Lead for Water Safety, NHS Scotland Assure
- Dr Susanne Surman-Lee, Consultant Clinical Scientist/Public Health Microbiologist, Leegionella Ltd
- Dr Elaine Cloutman-Green, Great Ormond Street Hospital / University College London
- Dr Jimmy Walker, Chair, Central Sterilising Club
- George McCracken, Consultant Microbiologist, Lead for Water Safety, NHS Scotland Assure
- Professor Joseph Falkinham III Ph.D, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia
For more information, please contact: [email protected]