This day has been devised for those working or interested in infection specialities including microbiology, virology and infectious diseases. The programme should be of interest to all levels and aims to give trainees the opportunity for consultant led, interactive teaching to equip them with knowledge and skills for specialist medical microbiology and virology practice.
- 10.00 Registration
- 10.10 Introduction - Dr Stephen Winchester, Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- 10.15 Virology Update: SARS-CoV-2 RNA testing in Lighthouse Laboratory Network – the Milton Keynes and the wider network experience - Dr M Sudhanva, Senior Clinical Advisor Public Health and Clinical Oversight (PHCO), UK Health Security Agency
- 10.55 Sexually transmitted bacterial infections – Dr Helen Fifer, PHE Colindale
- 11.35 Clinical Mycology Update – Dr Silke Schelenz, Kings College Hospital
- 12.15 Lunch break
- 12.45 Rare and Imported Pathogens clinical Cases discussion – Dr Catherine Houlihan, PHE Porton Down
- 13.30 Bacterial Molecular Diagnostics – Dr Daniel Bailey, PHE Porton Down
- 14.15 Parasitology: A Military Perspective - Dr William Nevin, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- 14.45 Close
Concession refers to trainees, BMS, non-consultant Clinical Scientists, retired & nurses.
Please note that an administrative charge of £10.00 will be made on all cancellations and the total registration fee is forfeited if cancelled 48 hours before the event.
This meeting will be held via Zoom. Details of the meeting with accompanied guidance will be sent to attendees before the meeting. We strongly suggest you download Zoom to your computer/laptop to make the most of the meeting, however if this is not possible just simply click on the link provided. To Find out more about Zoom and how it works please visit the website.
Please note: If you experience any problems when connecting to your Zoom meeting, such as lagging or freezing, then this may indicate that there is an issue with your internet connection, or the device you are using. We suggest that you try to move to an area with a more stable connection and then re-join the meeting. We unfortunately will not be able to provide you with a refund or transfer you onto another event if you happen to encounter these problems on the day.