CPD approval for events
- The College approves national/international events for CPD purposes where the vast majority of delegates are pathologists in consultant grade posts.
- Applications should be made to the College at least four weeks in advance of the meeting.
- Retrospective approval will not be granted.
To apply please use our online CPD event approval form in the red box opposite.
CPD approval is subject to a fee (inclusive of VAT), which is listed below.
Please note there is an additional (late) fee of £50 for applications received 14 days or less before the date of the event.
Exemption from fees
You may apply for exemption of the CPD approval fee if you meet all the criteria below:
- the application for exemption is made by a member of the Royal College of Pathologists, AND
- the event has a subscription rate for delegates of no more than £50 per day, AND
- the content of the meeting is clearly of relevance to one of the College specialties, AND
- no more than 10% of funding for the event originates from a commercial organisation.
If you would like to apply for a waiver of the CPD approval fee please email firstname.lastname@example.org before completing the online application form.
The event fee will be refundable if the event is cancelled and the CPD Department is informed of this before the date of the event.
Advertising your event
As a benefit of applying for CPD approval your event will be advertised as described below:
- Advertised on the College calendar of events
- Advertised in the President's e-newsletter for the current or following month
- Advertised in the College Bulletin subject to publication deadlines
Please note that if your event conflicts with a College organised event, we will need to seek approval from the RCPath Events team. If we are unable to advertise your meeting you will receive a refund of 50% of the CPD fee paid (excluding any late application fee).