Page 164 – Veterinary vaccine development: current issues and needs
Professor Mark Chambers and Dr Simon Graham
- O'Brien SJ. The "decline and fall" of nontyphoidal salmonella in the United kingdom. Clin Infect Dis 2013;56:705–710.
- AgriLabs. First DNA Vaccine Licensed for Chickens. Available at: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/first-dna-vaccine-licensed-for-chickens-300554855.html
- Read AF, Baigent SJ, Powers C, Kgosana LB, Blackwell L, Smith LP et al. Imperfect Vaccination Can Enhance the Transmission of Highly Virulent Pathogens. PLoS Biol 2015;13:e1002198.
- van den Berg T, Lambrecht B, Marche S, Steensels M, Van Borm S, Bublot M. Influenza vaccines and vaccination strategies in birds. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 2008;31:121–165.
- Roeder PL, Taylor WP. Mass vaccination and herd immunity: cattle and buffalo. Rev Sci Tech 2007;26:253–263.
- Rat-Aspert O, Fourichon C. Modelling collective effectiveness of voluntary vaccination with and without incentives. Prev Vet Med 2010;93:265–275.
- Alders RG, Bagnol B, Young MP, Ahlers C, Brum E, Rushton J. Challenges and constraints to vaccination in developing countries. Dev Biol 2007;130:73–82.
- Enticott G, Maye D, Ilbery B, Fisher R, Kirwan J. Farmers' confidence in vaccinating badgers against bovine tuberculosis. Vet Rec 2012;170:204.
- Matthews L, Reeve R, Gally DL et al. Predicting the public health benefit of vaccinating cattle against Escherichia coli O157. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2013;110:16265–16270.
- Chambers MA, Graham SP, La Ragione RM. Challenges in Veterinary Vaccine Development and Immunization. Methods Mol Biol 2016;1404:3–35.