Northern Ireland Regional Council member
Applications are now invited from Fellows for posts of Northern Ireland Regional Council Member, taking up office immediately until the Annual General Meeting, November 2022. There are currently 6 vacancies.
What does the role entail?
As a member of the Northern Ireland Regional Council, your role is to provide professional leadership in Northern Ireland and contribute at a national level to the maintenance and development of pathology services and the quality of care that patients receive. Members use their skills and experience to support the Northern Ireland Regional Council so that it runs efficiently and delivers against its Terms of Reference.
Why should I apply?
You will create influential linkages with the local stakeholders and build strong relationships with other key decision-makers to ensure that the College has a valued voice. You will also filter and amplify relevant information for the College and communicate this information back to the College on a regular basis.
What is the commitment?
- Attend three Northern Ireland Regional Council meetings per year and the annual symposium in June.
- Support NIRC in providing advice to local NHS and other healthcare providers on provision of pathology services.
- Represent the College on outside bodies, where appropriate, as agreed by the Regional Council.
- Develop working relationships with a range of external partners in relation to Pathology in Northern Ireland.
- Advise the Regional Council on local problems affecting standards of practice in pathology where there are wider implications for Northern Ireland.
- Support the organisation of local educational and social events as appropriate.
- Communicate locally with members, Fellows and Trainees as appropriate.
How do I apply?
Applicants should submit a completed nomination form to Jessica Zago (Jessica.Zago@rcpath.org), Governance and Committee Services Officer by Sunday 22 September 2019 together with:
- an abridged CV
- a supporting statement of up to 350 words indicating your strengths and interests, including any relevant experience.
A role description and nomination form are available below: