- 08:00 - 12/07/2023 to 14:00 - 14/07/2023
- Leonardo Hotel Cardiff, 1 Park Place , Cardiff, CF10 3UD, United Kingdom
This meeting will provide scientific insights into the future impact of anaerobic bacteria on human health and disease, foster interactions amongst biomedical scientists, clinicians and basic scientists and encourage engagement of early career microbiologists with established faculty in informal settings and through offered oral, flash poster and poster presentations.
The full scientific programme can be found on our website and consists of sessions on anaerobic microbiology but also includes a professional development session on ‘publishing for the community’, and two ‘practical anaerobes’ sessions. Attendees will benefit from hearing cutting edge research in microbiology, early career researchers will be able to present their work in offered oral or poster sessions, and there will be plentiful opportunity to network.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Anaerobe meeting aims to bring together scientists at different stages of their careers to shape the future of anaerobic microbiology, strengthen membership networks, enable knowledge exchange and networking opportunities.
- Sheila Patrick- (Society for Anaerobic Microbiology Chair, Chair, Microbiology Society Prokaryotic Division, Emeritus Professor, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, Centre for Infection and Immunity, Queen’s University Belfast)
- Sarah Kuehne- (Society for Anaerobic Microbiology Council Member, Senior Editor of JMED Micro University of Birmingham)
- Trefor Morris-(UK Anaerobe Reference Unit Public Health Wales, Society for Anaerobic Microbiology Chair-elect, Chair of the European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Anaerobe Study Group)
Please see our programme for a full list of invited speakers and accepted offered speakers who will be presenting at the event.
For more information, please contact: [email protected]