- 10:00 - 29/09/2022 to 16:45 - 29/09/2022
- The Birmingham Conference and Events Centre, Hill Street, Birmingham, B5 4EW, United Kingdom
The Microbiology Society and the Healthcare Infection Society are delighted to co-host a collaborative one-day workshop, Bridging the clinical – research gap.
- There will be ample opportunity for members of both societies to network and identify areas of interest for potential collaborations, and the opportunity to speak to funders to facilitate those collaborations. Attendees will hear from experienced scientists and clinicians and learn about the realities of collaborations – both things to remember and things to watch out for – before participating in a workshop that will answer some common questions.
- The workshop aims to bring academic and clinical microbiologists together to find ways to collaborate meaningfully, with the aim of improving the translation of research into advances in infection prevention and control.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Academic and clinical microbiologists, at any stage in their career.
- Surabhi Taori, NHS Lothian, UK
- Alan McNally, University of Birmingham, UK
- Matt Holden, University of St Andrews, UK
- Thamarai Schneider, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Jamie Scriven, University of Birmingham, UK
- Carolyn Johnson, Medical Research Council, UK
- Helen Compton, National Institute for Health and Care Research, UK
For more information, please contact: [email protected]