- 13:00 - 12/12/2023 to 13:00 - 13/12/2023
- The Birmingham Conference & Events Centre (BCEC), Hill Street, Birmingham, B5 4EW, United Kingdom
Welcome to the Antibiotic Resistance and Mechanisms Workshop for Researchers brought to you by the British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (BSAC).
TOPICS COVERED TO INCLUDE
The Workshop will provide a much needed forum to allow the sharing of knowledge between all grades of researchers, including PhD students and technicians.
- Challenges in Anti-Bacterial Drug Discovery
- Investigating gut microbiota-mediated colonisation resistance to restrict the growth of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae in the intestine
- The use of phages to target Urinary Tract Infections in a UK setting
- The potential of nitric oxide therapies for the treatment of healthcare associated infections
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All grades of researchers, including PhD students and technicians.
- Professor Ian Gilbert, University of Dundee
- Dr Julie McDonald, Lecturer, Imperial College London & the Centre for Bacterial Resistance Biology
- Professor Martha Clokie, Professor of Microbiology, University of Leicester
- Professor Mark Harris, School of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Leeds
- Professor Kathryn Holt, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Professor Paul Long, Kings College London
- Professor Sanjib Bhakta, Professor of Molecular Microbiology and Biochemistry, UCL & Birkbeck, University of London
For more information, please contact: [email protected]