- 09:00 - 03/04/2023 to 16:30 - 04/04/2023
- Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter, Hawthorn Square, Forth Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3SA, United Kingdom
Themes include manufacturer’s instructions, decontamination accidents and incidents, mobile decontamination units and endoscopy and dental decontamination.
- Following on from our Autumn Study Day in October the committee are currently organising the agenda for the Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Themes include manufacturer’s instructions, decontamination accidents and incidents, mobile decontamination units and endoscopy and dental decontamination.
- Kelsey Lecture: Joost Hopman – Sterilisation and Decontamination in low resource settings, tales from the front line.
- Debate: This house believes that manufacturer’s instructions are restrictive and detrimental to instrument reprocessing
- HSIB investigation on sterile services departments: Neil Alexander, Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch, with Elaine Cloutman-Green discussing Human Behaviours.
- Mobile endoscopy decontamination units: John Prendergast, Jim Tinsdeall and Helen Griffiths
- Dental decontamination: this year we are going to be taking a serious look at how the four nations are approaching this hot topic and the following will be covered: history (Andrew Smith), research (David Coleman – Ireland), updates in Scotland (Alice Miller) and Wales (Ilona Johnson) and a view from the dentist’s chair (Ian Mills – England).
We look forward to welcoming you, our delegates to Newcastle upon Tyne and hope that following our autumn study day that as many of you as possible will be able to make the journey in a sustainable way.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Decontamination and sterilisation experts. Specialising within healthcare Decon including sterile services, endoscopy and dental reprocessing.
- Jimmy Walker, CSC Chair
- Elaine Cloutman-Green
- Andrew Smith
For more information, please contact: [email protected]