This remotely-held meeting (Zoom webinar) is principally for trainers, senior trainees and assessors in chemical pathology, cellular pathology, medical microbiology and virology specialties. Trainers from the JRCPTB specialties are also welcome to attend.
Aims and objectives
The main aim of this remotely-held meeting (Zoom webinar) is to provide an ‘Educational Update’ from Professor Sheona MacLeod whose address will focus on new developments in medical education and training and maintaining our workforce supply, particularly post COVID-19. The meeting will also provide information on the medical licensing assessment in relation to pathology training, practical advice on implementing the new curricula and updates on examinations and the Pathology Portal.
- Professor Angharad Davies, Chairperson, Vice President for Learning, RCPath
- Professor Sheona MacLeod, Deputy Medical Director for Education Reform, Health Education England (HEE). Honorary Professor, University of Nottingham and University of Leicester
- Professor Nicki Cohen, Clinical Director of Training and Assessment, RCPath
- Ms Joanne Brinklow, Director of Learning, RCPath
- Dr Sanjiv Manek, Clinical Director of Examinations, RCPath
- Dr Hasan Rizvi, Clinical Lead for the Pathology Portal, RCPath
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
You may claim a maximum of 2 CPD credits in the professional category for full attendance at this meeting. Although a list of attendee names will be retained, please note that you must self-accredit as no CPD certificates will be sent. Participation in this event will provide supporting evidence towards meeting the GMC standards for ongoing Trainer recognition.
The Royal College of Pathologists
6 Alie Street, London, E1 8QT
T: 020 7451 6765