- 13:00 - 23/01/2022 to 16:00 - 28/01/2022
- Wellcome Connecting Science Courses, Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, CB101SA, United Kingdom
Training in molecular and genomic techniques for microbiological diagnostics and infection epidemiology.
To demystify this crucial, exciting, and expanding area, the Genomics and Clinical Microbiology Advanced Course, presented by leaders in the field, combines hands-on laboratory and bioinformatics work, faculty lectures, and small-group discussions. The course aims to equip consultants, clinical scientists, and specialist registrars, in infection disciplines with sufficient understanding of these areas to meet these challenges. There is an emphasis on the application of molecular and genomic techniques that are currently being implemented, but the course also explores approaches that are likely to enter practice in the near future. Employing a range of practical approaches, the course programme includes: sample collection and preparation; characterization of isolates with a variety of molecular techniques; and data interpretation and dissemination and monitoring treatment response.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Clinical scientists
- Specialist registrars
- Consultants in medical microbiology.
- Martin Maiden, University of Oxford, UK
- Stephen Gillespie, University of St Andrews, UK
- Katarina Oravcova, University of Glasgow, UK
- Charlene Rodrigues, University of Oxford, UK
For more information, please contact: [email protected]