- 09:40 - 09/12/2019 to 17:05 - 09/12/2019
- Barbican Centre, Silk Street, London, EC2Y 8DS, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
A high quality gastrointestinal (GI) pathology update with a good range of topics and an international group of speakers, held in an attractive central location at the Barbican Centre in London.
The conference will comprise eight specialists GI pathology lectures delivered by experts in the field. The emphasis is on diagnostic pathology, with reference where appropriate to scientific and investigative work. The aims are to provide an update in the speciality and to stimulate additional interest in the various topics on the programme.
There will be welcome tea/coffee at registration, and there will be two tea/coffee breaks and a lunch that lasts approximately 1 hour. During the first half of the lunch, there will be a chance to ask further questions of the pre-lunch speaker. Some of the catering will be in a pleasant conservatory area with many plants, providing a break from the learning activities and an opportunity to meet colleagues.
• Pathology lessons from bowel cancer screening
• Upper GI polyps, heterotopias and nodules
• Diagnostic difficulties in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) pathology
• Colorectal polyps
• Anal pathology: lowest but not least
• Helicobacter-negative gastritis
• Important mimics of neoplasia in the GI tract
• Ischaemic enterocolitis and vascular disorders.
Who should attend:
- GI consultant pathologists
- Consultants or academic pathologists with an interest in GI pathology
- Senior trainees and biomedical scientists with an interest in GI pathology.
• Roger Feakins (London, UK)
• Elizabeth Montgomery (Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, USA)
• Marco Novelli (London, UK)
• Robert Odze (Boston, USA)
• Robert Riddell (Toronto, Canada)
• Neil Shepherd (Gloucester, UK)
• Newton Wong (Bristol, UK)
• Rhonda Yantiss (New York, USA).
They are experts in the field of diagnostic GI pathology and regularly deliver lectures in their own countries and around the world. All speakers have edited or co-edited an important GI pathology textbook and contributed chapters to esteemed volumes. For example, Dr Odze, Dr Riddell and Dr Shepherd are the senior editors of three of the world’s most widely used GI pathology textbooks. In addition, the speakers consistently produce excellent papers on the subject of diagnostic GI pathology as well as contributing to the scientific literature.
For details and booking: https://www.gutpathology.com