- 09:00 - 21/01/2020 to 17:00 - 24/01/2020
- Public Health England, 61 Colindale Avenue, London, NW9 5EQ, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
This four-day non-residential course, organised by HIS (Healthcare Infection Society) and Public Health England is held annually in January, is a stand-alone course, with the opportunity to learn from the leading UK experts in the field.
- Developing a sound approach to the prevention and control of healthcare associated infections (HCAI) and related issues of antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
- Learning how to develop a surveillance programme and gain knowledge of data collection, analysis and feedback to produce information for action
- Outbreaks: learning about prevention and control with emphasis on investigation and data analysis
- Learning how to use molecular typing techniques for outbreak investigation
- Introducing technical aspects of hospital hygiene, for example, ventilation, disinfection and sterilisation
- Understanding the basis of antimicrobial stewardship
- Covering organisational aspects of HCAI prevention and control.
The four day programme will cover the following topics:
- Infection prevention and microbiology
- Surveillance and epidemiology
- Hospital hygiene
- Behavioural change and antimicrobial stewardship
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course will allow medical trainees, newly appointed consultants and other practitioners such as nurses and clinical scientists to gain a firm grounding in infection prevention and control.
The programme and list of speakers will be available shortly www.his.org.uk/training-events/foundation-courses/foundation-course-in-infection-prevention-and-control-2020
To view the full programme visit https://his.org.uk/training-events/foundation-courses/foundation-course-in-infection-prevention-and-control-2020/programme/