- 12:00 - 18/08/2021 to 13:00 - 18/08/2021
- United Kingdom
Identifying Advanced HIV Disease with immediate CD4 testing in Africa: familiarisation with rapid CD4 testing; identify which patients would benefit from a second test after stopping/starting ART; benefits of CD4 testing in different health settings
This session will be chaired by David Meya and Emma Orefuwa. Four topics will be presented by African speakers on the topic of CD4 testing for people living with HIV.
- Opening (Chairs: Dr David Meya and Ms Emma Orefuwa)
- VISITECT CD4 AD and the HIV package of care in Senegal (Dr Moussa Sarr, IRESSEF, Senegal)
- Advantage of POC vs Central laboratory testing (Mr Tafese Tufa, Arsi University College of Health science, Asella, Ethiopia)
- Slow and fast ART responders (Dr David Meya, Makerere University, Uganda)
- Improving access to same-day CD4 testing (Mr Joseph Oerson, Omega Diagnostics)
- Q&A (Ms Emma Orefuwa, GAFFI)
The session will run for 1 hour.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a webinar series presented by GAFFI (the Global Action Fund for Fungal Infections). It is for anyone interested and/or working with people living with HIV and those with an interest in mycotic diseases/opportunistic infections, including doctors, nurses, researchers, healthcare professionals, funders and any other implementing partners. Additionally, this event will be relevant to those who have an interest in same-day community point-of-care testing.
- Dr David Meya, Makerere University, Uganda
- Ms Emma Orefuwa, GAFFI
- Dr Moussa Sarr, IRESSEF, Senegal
- Mr Tafese Tufa, Arsi University College of Health science, Asella, Ethiopia
- Mr Joseph Oerson, Omega Diagnostics
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org