The fee to join in the virtual celebration for international pathology day, in association with event sponsor Sonic Healthcare UK and partner The British Society for Haematology is £25.
Pathology is undergoing a digital revolution. Pathologists can now engage, evaluate, and collaborate rapidly and remotely, with transparency and consistency even when separated by thousands of miles, in ways never done before.
The growth in the use of digital pathology is also paving the way for artificial intelligence (AI) to become more widely integrated. AI has the potential to help provide faster diagnoses, as well as allowing international scientists to work more collaboratively to develop their understanding of disease and diagnostics.
On International Pathology Day we will hear how digital pathology has made international collaborations between developed and middle-to-lower income countries possible and what some of the real-world issues to implementing digital and AI solutions into the lab will be through a varied line-up:
- Talks from speakers based internationally and in the UK
- A roundtable discussion on the topic of "can digital pathology breakdown international borders?"
- Viewing entries of the poster competition - sponsored by Sonic Healthcare UK
- One episode podcast style interview with a special guest and host
- A workshop on the College's upcoming Pathology Portal platform