As part of Patient Safety Awareness campaign 2022, the Clinical Effectiveness and Professional Standards Department are hosting a webinar on the impact, the challenges and effects of antimicrobial resistance within pathology specialties on patient safety. We will have an expert panel from various specialties and external organisations.
- Professor Peter Johnston (chair, Vice President for Professionalism)
- Dr David Jenkins (Medical Microbiology and Medical Virology Infection Prevention doctor & BSAC President
- Dr Bernie Croal (Chair of Scotland Regional Council, Chemical Pathology)
- Dr Patrick Yong (Chair of SAC in Immunology)
- Dr Suzy Lishman (Medical Examiner, ACP President elect, former President of The Royal College of Pathologists, Cellular Pathology)
- Dr Simon Stern (Consultant Haematologist)
- Ms Arlene Brailey (Patient Liaison Officer, Antibiotic Research UK)
- Fergus Allerton (Veterinary Pathology)
- Professor Mervyn Singer (Intensive Care Medicine, UCL)
- Dr Simon Stockley, (General Practitioner)
We want this to be an interactive webinar and we hope that:
• It will help you to think how you are connected to patients regarding AMR
• You will feel inspired and motivated and use this webinar to help improve safety in your workplace
• You could help us by sharing and promoting the Patient Safety Awareness activities with your colleagues
The webinars will be hosted using Zoom and will be recorded and available on the College website.