To join this meeting please contact email@example.com
Calling all Medical Undergraduates and Foundation Doctors.....The joint RCPath/BDIAP Foundation and Undergraduate Taster Event - pathology through a COVID lens is an exciting opportunity for you to explore pathology and see what the career has to offer! This virtual programme will be delivered with a mixture of specialty-specific sound bite videos from a variety of consultants and trainees (sent to attendees a few days before the meeting), followed by a live virtual session held Tuesday, 21st July at 7pm via Zoom (approximately 1 hour). And it is free to register!!!
Attendees will have the opportunity to explore;
- What pathology actually is and why it is important
- What the training involves
- The variety of opportunities that are available for trainees to pursue e.g. teaching, molecular and digital pathology
- Advice about the application process and how to be successful at the interview
- How to pursue academic and research opportunities in pathology
Consultants and trainees will also showcase their specialty and how important it has been in the fight against COVID-19:
- Histopathology through a COVID lens: findings at post-mortem
- Microbiology/Infection training through a COVID lens – information about the virus and different forms of testing
- Haematology through a COVID lens – thrombotic complications & role of blood transfusion services in producing convalescent plasma for trials
- Chemical Pathology through a COVID lens – biochemical changes associated with the infection
- Immunology through a COVID lens – understanding the immune response to the virus and antibody testing
If you have been considering applying for specialist training in pathology and would like to know more about the different specialties, make sure you register for this event to explore the exciting opportunities that our pathology specialties have to offer you!
For questions about this event please contact the Events Department on firstname.lastname@example.org.