Medical Examiners Committee
The Medical Examiners Committee, chaired first by Professor Peter Furness and now by Dr Alan Fletcher, was set up as a result of the College being recognised as lead royal medical college for medical examiners. The medical examiner posts will be created as a result of implementation of the reform of death certification included in the Coroners and Justice Act 2009.
(interim) Chair: Dr Suzy Lishman
- Dr Robert Bell - (Pilot Medical Examiner - Gloucester)
- Dr Frances Cranfield - (RCGP)
- Ms Jane Crossley - (Department of Health, England)
- Mr Christopher Dorries - (Coroners' Society)
- Dr Alan Fletcher - National Medical Examiner
- Professor Jo Martin - (President, RCPath)
- Mr Jeremy Mean - (Department of Health, England)
- Prof Carol Seymour - Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine representative
- Dr Golda Shelley-Fraser - Gloucestershire NHS Foundation Trust
More on medical examiners
Find out more about our work on medical examiners and available resources for trusts and other stakeholders on our medical examiners page.