Becoming a medical examiner
The College has produced an informative page on the steps needed to become a medical examiner.
Setting up a medical examiners service
Understanding how to set up a medical examiner service is a complicated task and the College has collated information from the pilot schemes across the country to help commissioners to develop services,
The College’s support for medical examiners
The College is working in a variety of ways to help support the development of an effective medical examiner service. Some of our work includes:
- The development of e-learning modules for medical examiner training
- Hosting face-to-face training sessions for new medical examiners
- The implementation of a new membership category for medical examiners
- Developing resources for organisations implementing medical examiner services
- Running conferences on a variety of topics related to medical examiners
More information on how the College is supporting the implementation of medical examiner services can be found at the following link Medical Examiners page.
The RCPath has been recognised as the lead medical College for the development of the role of Medical Examiner. Find out more.