- 09:00 - 23/03/2023 to 16:30 - 24/03/2023
- Examination Schools, High Street, Oxford, OX1 4BG, United Kingdom
The Oxford Bone Infection Conference represents an opportunity to communicate with and to learn from colleagues who manage bone and joint infections.
The programme will include lectures, workshops and interactive sessions including:
- Referral networks
- Surgical management of osteomyelitis
- The infected megaprosthesis
- Antimicrobial therapy in BJI
- Definitions and classification of BJI
- Histology in the diagnosis of infection
- Managing bone defects
- Novel inflammatory markers
- Perioperative care in arthroplasty surgery
- .... and much more
The aim of this meeting is to share ideas and stimulate discussion, with an emphasis on multidisciplinary engagement. This, we hope, will improve clinical practice and encourage research to strengthen the evidence base in this field.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The underlying principle of OBIC is multi-disciplinary working. We invite all grades of orthopaedic and trauma surgeons, plastic surgeons, infection specialists, nursing and therapy staff and researchers to attend.
Internationally renowned speakers will deliver state-of-the-art talks, including the prestigious Cierny-Mader lecture which is invited each year to honour ‘excellence and innovation in the multidisciplinary management of bone and joint infection’.