- 08:30 - 09/11/2023 to 17:00 - 09/11/2023
- Royal College of Physicians (& online), 11 St Andrews Place, London, NW1 4LE, United Kingdom
The BSAC National OPAT Conference 2023 is a hybrid event to be held at the Royal College of Physicians, London and online.
- Outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT) allows for medically stable patients to be discharged (or avoid admission completely) who require a course of intravenous antimicrobial agents. OPAT is a vital scheme that can prevent hospital admissions, reduce a patient’s length of stay in hospital through early discharge, plus reduce the risk of hospital acquired infections.
- If you are thinking about setting up, or currently run an OPAT service, this is a superb networking event for new and experienced OPAT practitioners and provides a platform for sharing ideas, expertise, and best practice to better support OPAT practice.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All healthcare professionals.
- Matthew Inada-Kim, Acute physician, Hampshire Hospitals, professor at the University of Southampton & Clinical Director for digital, Wessex AHSN
- Sanjay Patel, Consultant in Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Southampton Children’s Hospital
- Katherine Longbottom, Paediatric ID Consultant, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Liz Collison, Lead OPAT Specialist Nurse, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Helena White, Infectious Diseases Consultant, University Hospitals Leicester
- Sara Hedderwick, Infection Doctor Southern Health and Social Care Trust
For more information, please contact: [email protected]