- 19:30 - 07/07/2020 to 20:30 - 07/07/2020
The webinar will consider new challenges primary care practitioners face in managing COVID-19 positive patients presenting with symptoms of breathlessness.
This webinar will consider:
- The new challenges primary care practitioners are facing in managing COVID-19 positive patients presenting with symptoms of breathlessness.:
- What is the pathway and action for primary care managing acute but not hospitalised thrombosis and patients late presenting with breathlessness?
Presentation and discussion will include:
- Guidance on investigating and managing the breathless patient when acutely unwell with COVID-19.
- Considerations for the management of asymptomatic / mildly unwell COVID-19 positive patients with a previous history of thrombosis.
- General management of a breathless patient in recovery from COVID-19.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All healthcare and allied professionals working with patients with a diagnosis of COVID-19, including and in particular, those in General Practice, community and care homes and / or with an interest in respiratory care.
- Prof Beverley J Hunt OBE, of Thrombosis & Haemostasis at Guy's & St Thomas' Hospital, London
- Dr Katherine Hickman, GP and Respiratory Lead at Leeds and Bradford CCGs
- Dr Matthew Fay, GP & Chief Clinical Executive @Affinity Care, Bradford
- Prof Ahmet Fuat, GP in Darlington & a GPSI Cardiology. Prof Fuat is an Honorary Professorial Chair at Durham University and Past President of the new PCCS