- 09:00 - 26/09/2019 to 15:30 - 27/09/2019
- Park Plaza Hotel, 41 Maid Marian Way , Nottingham, NG1 6GD, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Digital pathology aided by robust image analysis techniques has made great inroads in both diagnostics and research in histopathology. The implementation of whole slide scanning and advances in software and computer processing capacity has profoundly impacted not only routine clinical diagnosis but also molecular testing including bio-banking, molecular profiling and companion diagnostic development.
- Provide a comprehensive overview of the current use of image analysis in pathology diagnosis and research including practical examples
- Address how potential problems in image analysis can be resolved
- How digital pathology can be integrated in the work-stream
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is suitable for Trainee and Consultant Pathologists with little or no experience of image analysis and for non-clinical scientists/computer experts (who may have some experience with digital platforms) wishing to learn more about the techniques and application of image analysis. Teaching will be delivered in the form of formal lectures and interactive work projects.