- 10:00 - 09/11/2019 to 16:00 - 09/11/2019
- Aberdeen Science Centre, 107 George Street, Aberdeen, AB25 1HU, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Come and find out why healthcare science is crucial to modern medical care with hands-on activities for all ages.
On Saturday 9th November from 10am to 4pm, come along to Aberdeen Science Centre, 107 George Street, for the annual 'Meet the Scientist' event. Come and find out why healthcare science is crucial to modern medical care. There will be hands-on activities for all ages, including:
- How much sugar is in your juice? Use a glucose meter to work out how much sugar is in some common soft drinks.
- What causes allergies? Try out a card game which helps to explain why some people have allergies.
- Try your hand at ultrasound scanning, and see what your favourite sweets look like in an MRI scanner!
- Try to guess how many genes you have, and how this compares with some plants and animals!
- Adults: have your cholesterol measured while you wait.
With something for everyone, Meet the Scientist 2019 is set to be a great day – hope to see you there!
What will I learn?
You will gain an understanding of the work of NHS laboratory scientists and their contribution to patient care.