- 16:00 - 02/07/2020 to 17:00 - 01/07/2020
The webinar will consider COVID-19 and evidence to inform decision making in extended thromboprophylaxis.
- The natural history of COVID-19 and COVID pneumonia and the evidence available to inform decision making in the role of extended thromboprophylaxis.
- Thromboprophylaxis at discharge from hospital for COVID-19.
- What considerations should be given when managing unwell COVID-19 patients in the community and care homes.
- Guidance on identifying COVID-19 positive patients who are at high risk of VTE.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All HCPs working with patients with a diagnosis of COVID-19, including those in the community and care homes, and with individuals either at increased risk of or with a medical history of venous thromboembolism, including those with inherited thrombophilia.
- Prof Beverley J Hunt OBE, of Thrombosis & Haemostasis at Guy's & St Thomas' Hospital, London
- Dr Susie Shapiro, Consultant Haematologist at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (OUHFT)
- Dr Daniel Horner, Professor of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine Consultant in Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine at Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust